Spicy BBQ Hotwings
Hot Wings are not only easy to make, they are absolutely delicious and very diverse. A simple variation in the coating spices or a change in the BBQ sauce can make a world of a difference. For this recipe, we combine the smoky flavors of a BBQ-sauce with the kick you get from a nice hot sauce. Invite your friends over, put on a great sports game and get ready to indulge!
- 1kg chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Saus.Guru Hot Sauce (Depending on your taste and spiciness level. We recommend the original one)
- Saus.Guru Original BBQ Sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees (air vent)
- Dry the chicken with a paper towel
- Put the dried chicken wings into a large bowl and add all the rub spices to it.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and coat the chicken with the spices
- Let it sit for an hour
- Place chicken on a wire rack lined baking sheet. (if you don’t have a wire rack, use parchment paper)
- Bake the wings for 40 minutes and then turn up the heat and switch to top heat
- Place chicken under broiler for 8-10 minutes until they are fully grown and the skin is caramelized
- In the meantime, heat up the hot sauce in a medium-sized saucepan. Add a bit of Saus.Guru Original BBQ sauce if you prefer a more smokey flavor.
- Remove chicken from oven and place it in the bowl with the hot sauce. Use a tong to coat the chicken with the sauce!